Keen for a smart exercise bike like Peloton, but short of the necessary funds?
There’s an alternative out there that’s far cheaper from Apex Rides.
If you click on a link in this story we may earn affiliate revenue.
Home exercise boomed in 2020, and while gyms have long since reopened, many people out there still prefer the convenience of the first option.
One great choice for home workouts are smart exercise bikes, and one of the most affordable out there comes from Apex.
Launched in 2021, Apex Rides a British brand with a self-described mission to ‘get more people exercising because life is better with exercise’.
The Apex bike costs £599 or from £15 on Klarna – by comparison, the Peloton range starts at £1,345.
What to expect from the Apex Ride bike
Here’s a run-down of what to expect from the Apex smart bike:
- It links up with an accompanying app on your phone or tablet. This lets you see all your work stats in real-time, while you’re doing one of Apex’s live or on-demand exercise classes.
- Everybody loves Peloton for the camaraderie of being connected with others users – Apex offers exactly the same.
- You don’t have to be Bradley Wiggins material to get started on one of these smart bikes – Apex‘s rides are pitched at all levels of ability.
- Classes are just a wide-ranging: you can expect stat-focused ‘metrics’ classes, pilates classes, floor-based strength workouts, stretch-focused mobility classes, and ‘move rides’ (which Apex describes as a ‘party on a bike’).
- Nothing like a healthy bit of competition: during your workout you can collect Apex points, which then go on to a user-wide leaderboard.
- Classes and sessions are led by one of Apex’s 12-strong team of fun and friendly instructors.
So if you’ve still got a few lockdown pounds to shed, take a closer look at what the Apex bike has to offer on the brand’s website.
MORE FITNESS AND EXERCISE
Don’t miss our Sun Selects team’s pick of the best exercise bikes.
If you’re buying on a budget, there’s our cheap exercise bike round-up too.
We’ve also listed the best home workout apps.