XIAO has returned as one of the five-star characters in the latest set of Genshin Impact banners.
If you’re lucky enough to pull him, you’ll likely want to put the strong damage dealer on your team.
He not only has strong standard attacks, but he has a strong elemental burst that deals area damage.
Here is the best way of building Xiao for use in Genshin Impact’s battles.
Table of Contents
Best weapons for Xiao in Genshin Impact
Xiao doesn’t need to boost any particular stat, and so a boost in attack is always a good bet to boost damage from his standard attacks.
Primordial Jade Winged-Spear is a great choice, as it increases attack and damage with each hit, and can be stacked up to seven times.
This is great if you plan to do a series of hits while Xiao’s elemental burst is active.
If this weapon isn’t available here are some other choices.
- Staff of Homa (five-star polearm)
- Deathmatch (four-star polearm)
- Blackcliff Pole (four-star polearm)
- White Tassel (three-star polearm)
Best artifacts for Xiao in Genshin Impact
As with his weapon, to get the most out of Xiao you will want an artifact set that boosts his attack.
Vermilion Hereafter is a good choice as two pieces will boost attack by 18%, and four pieces will trigger Nascent Light, which boosts attack when damaged.
Xiao damages himself when he triggers his elemental burst, so this artifact set is a great way to increase damage.
Alternatively, you could try two pieces of Gladiator’s Finale with two pieces of Viridescent Venerer which can also boost his attack.
Here are the stats you should aim for.
- Flower: HP (main stat), Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage, Attack%, Energy Recharge (secondary stats)
- Plume: Attack (main stat), Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage, Attack%, Energy Recharge (secondary stats)
- Sands: Attack% (main stat), Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage, Attack, Energy Recharge (secondary stats)
- Goblet: Anemo Damage% (main stat), Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage, Attack%, Energy Recharge (secondary stats)
- Circlet: Critical Hit Rate / Critical Hit Damage (main stat), Critical Hit Rate / Critical Damage, Attack%, Energy Recharge, Attack (secondary stats)
Best teams for Xiao in Genshin Impact
Xiao is an amazing damage dealer but requires some extra thinking when it comes to support.
He moves around a lot, making energy recharge difficult, and continuously loses HP during his Ultimate.
Here is a team you can try.
- Xiao (Main DPS), Albedo (Sub DPS), Jean (Support), Zhongli (Support)
Albedo and Zhongli both provide shield support that will help Xiao survive on the field.
They also contribute to area damage through the use of their constructs.
Jean can heal Xiao and provide the necessary energy recharge to power his burst.
When paired together, they also boost the team’s movement speed through their Anemo resonance.
Written by Marco Wutz and Georgina Young on behalf of GLHF.
All the latest Gaming tips and tricks
Looking for tips and tricks across your favourite consoles and games? We have you covered…
Get all of the latest PS5, Xbox and other video game news here
Click Here For More Tech News