ZHONGLI is a Geo Archon and one of the more powerful support characters in Genshin Impact.
He creates powerful shields that keep you more glass cannon attackers healthy.
Zhongli is also a tank in his own right, and his five-star rating proves this.
If you’ve spent your primogems unlocking Zhongli, then here’s how to best include him in your Genshin Impact team.
Best weapons for Zhongli in Genshin Impact
Zhongli really excels when he is keeping other characters alive. In order to do this, he needs to focus a lot on his max HP.
Hu Tao’s signature weapon, the Staff of Homa, is the best choice for Zhongli, as it boosts max HP by 20%.
It also increases attack based on max health, which is a big buff.
If you don’t have this, here are some alternative weapons for Zhongli:
- Vortex Vanquisher (five-star polearm) – increases Shield Efficiency and Attack.
- Primordial Jade Winged-Spear (five-star polearm) – increases Attack.
- Engulfing Lightning (five-star polearm) – increases Energy Recharge and Attack.
- The Catch (four-star polearm) – increases ability damage.
- Prototype Starglitter (four-star polearm) – increases damage; craftable and therefore a good free-to-play option.
Best artifacts for Zhongli in Genshin Impact
There are two routes you can travel down if you want to use Zhongli on your team.
If you want him to be full shield support, then go for a full set of Tenacity of the Millelith.
Two pieces will increase health by 20%, and four pieces will increase damage for your team based on shield strength.
If you want to be more aggressive with Zhongli, we recommend two pieces of Archaic Petra, which increases Geo damage by 15%, with two pieces of Noblesse Oblige, which increases damage from special abilities by 20%.
Pay attention to the following distribution of stats:
- Plume: Attack (main stat), Critical Damage, Critical Hit Rate, HP%, Energy Recharge (sub stats).
- Flower: HP (main stat), Critical Damage, Critical Hit Rate, HP%, Energy Recharge (sub stats).
- Sands: HP% (main stat), Critical Damage, Critical Hit Rate, ATK%, Energy Recharge (sub stats).
- Goblet: Geo Damage% (main stat), Critical Damage, Critical Hit Rate, ATK%, Energy Recharge (sub stats).
- Circlet: Critical Damage (main stat), Critical Damage, Critical Hit Rate, HP%, Attack% (sub stats).
Best teams for Zhongli in Genshin Impact
Zhongli is great as a support character in a number of teams that require strong shields.
Here are some possible compositions:
- Hu Tao (Main-DPS), Xingqiu (Sub-DPS), Albedo (Sub-DPS), Zhongli (Support)
- Ganyu (Main-DPS), Xiangling (Sub-DPS), Bennett (Support), Zhongli (Support)
- Ningguang (Main-DPS), Fischl (Sub-DPS), Bennett (Support), Zhongli (Support)
- Eula (Main-DPS), Raiden (Sub-DPS), Shenhe (Support), Zhongli (Support)
He can’t heal damage, which is usually the role of a support character, but his shields will prevent damage before it happens.
Zhongli also reduces enemy resistances making it easier to maximise your team’s attack power.
Written by Marco Wutz and Georgina Young on behalf of GLHF.
All the latest Gaming tips and tricks
Looking for tips and tricks across your favourite consoles and games? We have you covered…
Get all of the latest PS5, Xbox and other video game news here
Click Here For More Tech News