Hogwarts Legacy: How to open the Room of Requirement and what it can do
HARRY Potter fans will know the Room of Requirement well. A magical room that changes to suit your needs.
It’s a staple of Hogwarts, and a key part of playing Hogwarts Legacy is setting it up to your liking.
You can grow plants here, keep and breed beasts, and brew potions for your adventure.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Room of Requirement in Hogwarts Legacy.
Hogwarts Legacy: Where is the Room of Requirement?
Even if you know where the Room of Requirement is, you cannot open it until you have reached the correct part of the story.
You gain access to it shortly after the Tomes and Tribulations quest. It’s on the main storyline, so you can’t miss it.
Professor Weasley will tell you about it, and you can then explore the room in its ‘Room of Hidden Things’ form.
Then you will meet Deek, the house elf, who will tell you how you can transform it into your base.
Once the Room of Requirement is unlocked, you can travel to it whenever you want.
Open the Hogwarts Map and select ‘Secret Rooms’ to go directly there.
Hogwarts Legacy: Room of Requirement spells
There are three spells that can only be used in the Room of Requirement, and you will need them to get your room up and running.
The Conjuring Spell lets you place objects in the room, and the Alteration Spell will then let you change the size and appearance.
Finally, Evanesco will make objects vanish from the room, and return the Moonstone you spent conjuring them.
Hogwarts Legacy: How to find Moonstones
Moonstones are the material you need to place items in the Room of Requirement.
You can find them all over the game’s open world, so look out for clusters of crystals as you travel.
Shoot them with your basic cast, and you’ll be rewarded with a whole load of Moonstones.
As mentioned before, if you use Evanesco your Moonstones will be refunded.
Hogwarts Legacy: How to set up workstations
There are a number of different workstations you will need to put in your room to get the most out of it.
You can buy new furniture at Tomes and Scrolls in Hogsmeade, but you will need some cash in order to buy it.
Here’s everything you should buy as soon as possible.
- Large Planter – Not only will you need these for certain plants, but they give a higher yield than smaller planters.
- Large Potions station – Being able to brew multiple potions at once will save a lot of time.
- Desk of Description – This will let you identify gear for you to equip. It is already in the room when you unlock it.
- Enchanted Loom – You can use this to craft gear upgrades from beast materials.
- Material Refiner – Produces ten Moonstone every 10 minutes.
- Hopping Pot – Produces a random potion every 15 minutes.
- Chopping Station – Produces a random plant every 10 minutes
- Dung Composter – Produces Fertilizer every 10 minutes.
Hogwarts Legacy: How to set up your Vivarium
You will unlock Vivariums later in the story, and you can have up to four of them in the Room of Requirement.
This is where you can keep the beasts you capture, and gather materials for upgrading your gear.
To get the most out of your beasts, you’ll need to outfit your Vivarium with a number of items:
- Beast Feeder – This removes the need for you to manually feed your beasts, as they will go and eat from it whenever they’re hungry.
- Toybox – This will keep your beasts happy, although different beasts prefer different toys.
- Breeding Pen – Does what it says on the tin, this will allow your animals to breed and produce offspring.
Written by Ryan Woodrow and Georgina Young on behalf of GLHF.
All the latest Gaming tips and tricks
Looking for tips and tricks across your favourite consoles and games? We have you covered…
Get all of the latest PS5, Xbox and other video game news here
Click Here For More Tech News