LOOKING to log out of your Netflix account so that you can use it elsewhere?
It’s easy to do, but the steps are a bit different depending on the device you’re watching on. Here’s all you need to know.
How to log out of Netflix on a TV
Streaming has become the go-to home entertainment, and many of us will have Netflix accounts across various platforms from tablets to laptops – even on our smartphones.
For those of you doing it old-school style and watching the latest series on a – gasp – actual television, here’s what you need to do to log out of your account.
- Open the app on your TV and select the profile you want to log out of
- Once it has loaded, press “left” on the remote
- This will open a sidebar menu, scroll down and choose “Get Help”
- A page will now open, go to the bottom of it and select the “Sign out” option.
- You’ll be asked to confirm
- After you’ve completed the process, you’ll be taken back to the ‘Get Started’ menu
- To watch using your account on this device again, you’ll have to enter your login details
How to log out of Netflix on a games console
You can also have Netflix on your games console, making putting the controller down harder than ever.
Here’s how to log out of your account on Xbox and PlayStation.
- On the Netflix home screen, open the menu on the left side
- From there, select “Get Help” or “Settings”
- Select “Sign out”
If you’re presented with an error screen, do the following:
- Select “More Details”
- Then choose “Sign out” or Reset”
- If you’re not able to sign out, press the following buttons on your remote: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up
- After that, select “Sign out”, “Reset” or “Deactivate”.
- Launch the app
- Press “O” on your d-pad
- Choose the gear icon
- Select “Sign Out”, then “Yes”
If you’re not able to sign out, try these steps (they differ slightly between PS3 and the latest consoles). If you’re on PS3:
- Go to the home screen (you can access this by pressing the PS button in the middle of the controller, selecting “Quit”, then “Yes”
- Navigate to TV/Video Services
- Highlight Netflix and press “X”
- Then press and hold “Start” and “Select” till you’re presented with a “Do you want to reset your Netflix settings and re-register?
- Select “Yes”
For PS4 and PS5:
- Start from the home screen (again, you can access this by pressing the PS button in the middle of the controller, selecting “Quit”, then “Yes”
- Navigate to the TV & Video section, where you can highlight Netflix
- Having done this, press “Options”, then select “Delete”, then “OK”
How to log out of Netflix on a computer
Watching Netflix on your computer is as simple as opening a tab and putting your details in.
But who do you sign out?
- Open Netflix in your browser
- Click on your account to open it
- Once your home screen loads select your account icon in the top right
- Select “Sign out of Netflix” from the drop-down menu that appears
- You’ll now be signed out and will have to enter your login details the next time you want to watch